I wanted to find more images of these underwater statues that I heard about on one of my favorite shows and ta da ... after a few seconds .. I found the artist as well as a bunch of his works on Flickr ....

The photographer has been identified as 'enciclopedia de artistas'. The underwater statues / art installations have been created Jason de Caires Taylor. I'm assuming he creates these pieces of art on dry land and then places them into the water. Scuba divers can then explore these underwater treasures. I believe his works are off the east coast of Mexico (Caribbean Sea). It is a bit haunting but also pretty darn cool.
In terms of my experience with Flickr .... I will probably use it to share photos with friends and family who are not on facebook. I normally post my pictures to FB but have become a bit reluctant to do so as some of my family are not FB-ers as well as I'm a bit concerned with FB's privacy policies. If I were to post pictures to Flickr, I would probably mark them a private as most of my pictures are of me and my kids. I have used Picasa web albums about three years ago and now I can't remember why I stopped using it .... probably because of the pervasiveness of FB.
No comments:
Post a Comment