Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Google Docs & Spreadsheets

Just did a quick tour of Google Docs and Spreadsheets.  Funny how I was just talking with a colleague about her experience with using Google Docs for an online class and voila, here it is as this week's topic. 

Many years ago (early 2000's), I was co-writing a paper and my friend and I found a similiar online tool to Google Docs that we used to write and edit a research paper.  Obviously Google Docs was not around at that time but we found this online sharing tool invaluable for our purposes.  The name of that particular tool now escapes my memory but the functionality was the same (although no where as robust) as Google Docs.  Google Docs has so much potential for collaborators, teachers, researchers, students who are working together but who are not physically together.  Plus, because it is online, it is great way to have online access to your important files without having to have access to your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment